[RECIPE] Better Fuel shot blocks
This Better Fuel shot blocks recipe courtesy of 33Fuel’s Relationship Manager Ross provides a great solution to your on-the-go energy needs. If you prefer the sensation of chewing during training and racing – or you want to easily track what you’re consuming – this is a great way of turning a low-GI, natural energy drink into an easy-to-consume jelly shot block
Better Fuel shot blocks - as easy to make as they are to consume!
- 400ml water
- 50g of Better Fuel (2 servings)
- 2 tbsp Agar Agar powder
- Moulds – ice-trays work well
- Measure out all ingredients
- Place the water into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Heat is required to activate the Agar Agar. Add the Better Fuel powder and whisk to remove lumps. Add Agar Agar and stir through.
- Set out moulds on a tray (easier to carry and transport!).
- Pour liquid back into the jug and pour into the moulds. Allow to cool and then place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Remove from moulds and enjoy!
The total carbs in all the shot blocks will be 50g. This means you can easily divide the blocks into however many you wish to take on a ride or run for easy nutrition management.
You’ll need a bag of Better Fuel Energy Blend for this recipe. After you’ve used two servings for this recipe, you’ll still have 20 servings remaining for a low-GI carb drink or more shot block making!