Everything You Need To Know About Chia Seeds
Every endurance athlete is looking for a way to boost their energy levels before and during a race. A lot of crazy diets have been tossed around through the years, but one thing remains the best option, proper endurance nutrition. Endurance athletes that practice proper endurance nutrition along with their training are likely to be in better shape at the end than their counterparts. For years endurance athletes have relied upon chia seeds due to their “superfood” qualities. Now, chia seeds are mixed into everything from morning smoothies to chia seed kombucha drinks.
33Fuel offers Chia Energy Gel packets for the serious endurance athlete. This prepackaged superfood will help you maintain energy levels throughout an endurance competition. Here are some amazing facts about chia seeds to help you understand why they are so good for you:
- Chia seeds are from the mint family.
- Only 138 calories per ounce.
- 10 grams of fibre per ounce.
- High in antioxidants.
- Contain high concentration of Omega-3s.
- Chia seeds contain no cholesterol.
- Chia seeds help people feel full for longer.
- Insulin levels begin to self regulate better with the addition of chia seeds to a diet.
- Studies have shown that chia seeds have the ability to improve good cholesterol levels (HDL) while decreasing bad cholesterol (LDL) levels.
Give your endurance training a helping hand with the proper nutritional supplements from 33Fuel. Call today for more information or to order Chia Energy Gel packs.