This chocolate fudge protein bunny recipe is outrageously moreish and indulgent - perfect for an Easter weekend treat
Ingredients - makes 12 chocolates
- 3/4 cup whole roasted hazelnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup 33Fuel Premium Protein
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet dark chocolate chips
- Optional: Chocolate bunny mould
Shop our award-winning healthy nutrition
Method - fudge layer
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the 33Fuel Premium Protein, almond butter, maple syrup, 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Gently stir with a spoon to combine into a thick paste
- Line a plate with parchment paper and set nearby.
- Take ~1/2 Tbsp of the fudge mixture and form it into a rough ball.
- Place a whole hazelnut in the middle, forming the fudge around it so it is hidden inside the ball.
- Repeat until you have 12 chocolate fudge protein balls with hazelnuts inside
- Next, coat your fudge 33Fuel Protein balls in the crushed hazelnuts— we found the best way to do this is to gently drop the balls into the crushed hazelnuts, rather than rolling them.
- Transfer the balls to the freezer for 15 minutes.
Method - melted chocolate layer
- While the balls are chilling, add 1 inch water to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low / simmer.
- Add the dark chocolate chips to a small glass or metal bowl, along with the remaining 1 Tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil
- Carefully place the bowl on top of the saucepan with simmering water.
- Heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula or spoon, until melted and no lumps remain (~5 minutes). You can also melt the chocolate mixture in a heat-proof bowl in the microwave in 20-second increments.
- Remove chocolate from heat.
Method - bring it together
- Remove the fudge balls from the freezer. Place one on a fork, and gently dunk the bottom into the melted chocolate, then use a spoon to drizzle the melted chocolate over the ball (don’t roll it)
- Tap the fork handle on the side of the bowl to shake off excess chocolate, then place the ball in the chopped hazelnuts and generously sprinkle nuts over the top.
- Pick up the ball and press it into the nuts until it’s fully coated, then place back onto the parchment-lined plate.
- Repeat with the remaining balls until you have 12 completed!
- Place the balls in a chocolate bunny mould and chill for 20 minutes
You’ll need one bag of 33Fuel Premium Protein for this recipe. You’ll have plenty left over for your morning smoothie, recovery shakes or to add to your morning porridge