It’s not often you can indulge in a muffin that’s delicious, healthy and packing a hefty dollop of protein, but recipe designer Tiff Afflick has created just that. Minimal ingredients, minimal fuss, maximum satisfaction! Give this chocolate protein muffin recipe a go and let us know what you think
Ingredients (makes four muffins)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg (or vegan egg substitute)
- 1 heaped tbsp 33Fuel Premium Protein
- 2 heaped tbsp wholemeal flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- Splash of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl, then mix in the egg (or egg substitute).
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Divide the mixture between 4 silicon muffin moulds, then bake for 12-15 minutes at 190°c until risen.
- Enjoy the muffins warm on their own or leave to cool and top with chocolate frosting or hazelnut spread.
Grab your bag of Premium Protein and boost the protein content of these delicious muffins
More performance boosting content
From the Vlog – How to break records at any age