For a satisfying start to your day, try this seedy granola recipe from 33Fuel Relationship Manager Ross. It’s nutrient dense, super-tasty and you can customise the recipe to your liking
- 150g porridge oats
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 40g sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of small orange
- 40g dried apple slices, diced
- 40g dried cranberries
- 40g dried raisins
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C. Add the oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds to an 18 x 28cm roasting tin. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar and stir together.
- Drizzle the oil, honey and orange juice over the top and mix together.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Move the mix in the corner to the centre as the edges brown more quickly. Try to keep the granola in clumps. Return to the over and stir every 5-10 minutes, until the granola is an even golden brown.
- Scatter the dried apple, cranberries and raisins over the top and leave the granola to cool and harden.
- Spoon into a plastic container or preserving jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you find you’ve run out of this tasty granola and need a healthy, protein-packed on-the-go snack, grab an Eroica protein bar. Nuts, fruit, seeds, 20g natural protein – bosh!