[RECIPE] Roasted kale chips
When the mid-afternoon munchies bite, what snack do you typically turn to? These roasted kale chips from 33Fuel Relationship Manager and gut health expert Ross Austen hit the spot. Give the recipe a go and let us know what you think
Home made roast kale chips - nutritious and delicious, the perfect mid-afternoon snack
- 250g kale
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 pinches of sugar
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2. Remove the thick stems and central rib from the kale. Rinse and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper before tearing into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a bowl with the oil and sugar, then toss well.
- Spread about half the leaves in a single layer in a large roasting tin, spaced well apart.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and roast on the bottom rack of a pre-heated oven for 4 minutes.
- Stir the leaves, then turn the tray so the back is at the front. Roast for a further 1-2 minutes, until the leaves are crisp and very slightly browned at the edges. You may need to roast for longer!
- Repeat with the remaining leaves and sea salt.
A tasty, healthy and high protein snack, the Eroica protein bar contains nothing but natural ingredients and packs 20g protein per serving
More performance boosting content
From the Vlog – Gut Health 101 with Ross Austen